Tavern House

Called “The Practical Farmer,” the Tavern House was built around 1800 to sell Captain McAllister’s brandies and whiskies, to accommodate overnight travelers, and to serve as a community center for surrounding farmers.  Later, it was home to the Dairy’s milking crew and farm hands.

Tavern HouseThe exterior is restored to the period of about 1870.  The interior houses a meeting room and offices for Dauphin County Parks and Recreation.