Built in 1876, The Centennial Barn has been outfitted with modern conveniences providing a unique surrounding for any gathering, and a change of pace for any group. This historic dairy barn, now a modern rental facility, offers two rooms of different sizes, and the use of a kitchen, while maintaining the historical ambiance of the building.
In addition to the two first-floor rooms, the Centennial Barn offers rest rooms located in the lobby between the two rooms which serve the entire building. The barn can seat either a maximum of 150 people auditorium-style or a maximum of 75 people banquet-style. What’s more, it’s located just minutes away from downtown Harrisburg hotels, and offers all modern amenities without any of the distractions of the city (see directions for details).
The Centennial Barn is a perfect fit for your next business luncheon, seminar or trade meeting, baby showern or birthday party. As a retreat center, the facility is not accessible to incoming phone messages. The rooms may be rented between the hours of 8 a.m. and 11 p.m.
Area: 31 feet x 42 feet
- Flooring: Carpeted
- Seating: 150 auditorium style, 60-80 at tables
- Area: 18 feet x 37 feet
- Flooring: Ceramic Tile
- Seats: 60 auditorium style, 30-40 at tables
Tables and chairs are available to renters. All set-up and tear down is the responsibility of renter. If any furniture is removed from its room, it must be returned following the rental, or the security deposit will be forfeited. Furniture may not be taken outside the barn.
- 150 metal folding
- Eight, 8 foot. x 30 inch (each table seats eight-ten)
- Eight, 6 foot x 30 inch (each table seats six)
- Eight, 6 foot diameter round (Each table seats six)
Previewing the Facilities
Appointments to preview the facilities must be made during regular business hours – Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. During the museum season, May through December, weekend previews are available. Please call 599-5188, ext. 2116 to set up an appointment to preview the facilities.
Program Room 1
- Meetings and Other Use: $200
- 25% discount (501(c)3 non-profit only): $150
Program Room 2
- Meetings and Other Use: $100
- 25% discount (501(c)3 non-profit only): $75
* Payment of fees and a contract signed by both the rental party and park staff constitutes reservation of facilities.
* Refunds are available only if notified one week in advance.
* The Board of Trustees reserves the right to reject any request for Fort Hunter facilities.
* Checks are made payable to: Fort Hunter.
A separate mandatory $100 security deposit is required for all rentals. This deposit is to assure clean up and abidance of rules, and is typically returned to the renter within 2 weeks after rental. It will not be returned if: furniture is not left as it was found, rooms not rented were used, property is damaged, food and/or caterers equipment is left after the rental, or other situations deemed inappropriate by the Director occur.
To check a date or for quesitons call 717-599-5188, ext. 2116.