“Hit the Road Educational Tour” Haunting Halloween Adventure – PostponedIn an abundance of caution, the Friends of Fort Hunter are going to postpone this fascinating trip until October 28 of 2022. Please check back next year for details and registration. Join the Friends of Fort Hunter for a trip to Philadelphia to tour the home of Edgar Allen Poe and the Eastern State Penitentiary. Dr. Donald Koones will provide an energetic historical review of Poe and his home where he wrote “Black Cat” which describes the basement in the tour of the home and the Peniteniary, one of the most haunted places in the world.As museums and restaurants reopen after Covid, plans will be confirmed for times, reservations and costs, please check back to make a reservation. Cost: TBA
- Bus departs Fort Hunter Centennial Barn parking lot at 8 a.m. and returns by approximately 7:30p.m.
- Escorted tour at Edgar Allen Poe Historic Site
- Lunch at (haunted) Brinton Lodge
- Guided audio tour of Eastern State Peniteniary
- Comfort stop on the way home
- Transportation by Cross Country Coach
- Admission to Edgar Allen Poe Historic Site and Eastern State Peniteniary and narration by Dr. Donald Koones
- Not included – Gratuity for the bus driver and lunch
- All sales are final, no refunds will be issued.