- 10/24/20 to 10/24/20
“Hit the Road Educational Tour” Haunting Halloween Adventure – CanceledDue to the ongoing Covid pandemic, this exciting trip will be postponed until 2021 or a time when we can all safely board a bus and travel to Philadelphia. Join the Friends of Fort Hunter for a trip to Philadelphia to tour the home of Edgar Allen Poe and the Eastern State Penitentiary. Dr. Donald Koones will provide an energetic historical review of Poe and his home where he wrote “Black Cat” which describes the basement in the tour of the home and the Peniteniary, one of the most haunted places in the world. Tickets on sale after May 25 $95 Non-Member, $85 Member
- Bus departs Fort Hunter Centennial Barn parking lot at 8 a.m. and returns by approximately 7:30p.m.
- Escorted tour at Edgar Allen Poe Historic Site
- 12:15 Lunch on your own at Jack’s Firehouse, Urban Saloon, OCF Coffee House, Hickory Lane American Bistro, Fare, Philly Flavors or Fairmont Pizza and Grill
- Guided audio tour of Eastern State Peniteniary
- Comfort stop on the way home
- Transportation by Cross Country Coach
- Admission to Edgar Allen Poe Historic Site and Eastern State Peniteniary and narration by Dr. Donald Koones
- Not included – Gratuity for the bus driver and lunch
- All sales are final, no refunds will be issued.