Built in 1876, The Centennial Barn has been outfitted with modern conveniences providing a unique surrounding for any gathering, and a change of pace for any group. This historic dairy barn, now a modern rental facility, offers two rooms of different sizes, and the use of a kitchen, while maintaining the historical ambiance of the building.
In addition to the two first-floor rooms, the Centennial Barn offers rest rooms located in the lobby between the two rooms which serve the entire building. The barn can seat either a maximum of 150 people auditorium-style or a maximum of 80 people banquet-style. What’s more, it’s located just minutes away from downtown Harrisburg hotels, and offers all modern amenities without any of the distractions of the city (see directions for details).
The Centennial Barn is a perfect fit for your next business luncheon, seminar or trade meeting, baby shower or birthday party. As a retreat center, the facility has WIFI but is not accessible to incoming phone messages. The rooms may be rented between the hours of 8 a.m. and 11 p.m.
Area: 31 feet x 42 feet
- Flooring: Carpeted
- Seating: 150 auditorium style, 60-80 at tables
- Area: 18 feet x 37 feet
- Flooring: Ceramic Tile
- Seats: 60 auditorium style, 30-40 at tables
Program Room 1
- Meetings and Other Use: $350
- 25% discount (501(c)3 non-profit only): $275
Program Room 2
- Meetings and Other Use: $250
- 25% discount (501(c)3 non-profit only): $200
* Cancellations: Full refund is available up to 3 months prior to the event, after 3 months, a full refund less the $100 security deposit is given.
* The Board of Trustees reserves the right to reject any request for Fort Hunter facilities.
A separate mandatory $100 security deposit is required for all rentals. This deposit is to assure clean up and abidance of rules, and is typically returned to the renter within 2 weeks after rental. It will not be returned if: cancellation is made less than 3 months prior to the rental, furniture is not left as it was found, rooms not rented were used, property is damaged, food and/or caterers equipment is left after the rental, or other situations deemed inappropriate by the Park Manager occur.
Tables and chairs are available to renters. All set-up and tear down is the responsibility of renter. If any furniture is removed from its room, it must be returned following the rental or the security deposit will be forfeited. Furniture may not be taken outside the barn.
- 150 plastic folding
- Eight, 8 foot. x 30 inch (each table seats eight-ten)
- Eight, 6 foot x 30 inch (each table seats six)
- Eight, 6 foot diameter round (Each table seats six)
- Alcoholic, intoxicating or any illegal substances of any kind are prohibited. The use of such substances will result in immediate expulsion and forfeiture of any and all fees. Future applications for park used by individuals using such substances or groups associated with such individuals will not be considered.
- Rental of this facility is for private functions only. The collection of fees or the sale of tickets, tangible goods or services on Dauphin County Parks and Recreation property is strictly forbidden.
- This is a publicly owned facility located in a public park. The renter is reserving only the space itself and is required to share common spaces with other park users.
- Amplified music is not permitted except during a ceremony.
- No temporary additions to the park such as tents or gas grills are permitted.
- Food preparation must only take place in the kitchen of the barn. Contents of kitchen are unavailable for public use. The refrigerator, stove and sink may be used.
- Affixing decorations or other objects to walls is prohibited. Fort Hunter pictures may not be removed from the walls.
- Vehicular parking is permitted only in the established parking lots. Parking is not permitted on the grass. Gravel driveway in the Centennial Barn parking lot is for unloading only.
- Wedding and Reception cancellations made more than six (6) months before rental date are eligible for a full refund of rental fee and security deposit. Cancellations made less than six (6) months before rental date will receive full rental refund, less the $100 security deposit. Fort Hunter Barn (non-wedding) cancellations made less than three (3) months before rental date will forfeit rental fee and security deposit. Refunds are not made for inclement weather.
- The Board of Trustees reserves the right to reject any request for Fort Hunter facilities.
- Smoking is prohibited inside of buildings.
- Please bring your copy of your approved facility rental confirmation with you on the date of your rental and be prepared to exhibit it to Park Security if requested.
- All facilities are rented in “as is” condition. The potential renter has inspected the facilities and relies on his/her or its own inspection and no representation of the Dauphin County Parks and Recreation Department or any other person or entity.
- Renters are not allowed to use or possess any dangerous or explosive substances or items in the rented facility or the park or recreation area.
- Renters are responsible for their conduct and the conduct of their guests or invitees and are responsible for any damage they cause or caused by any of their guests or invitees.
- Renters and their guests or invitees must comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, rules and regulations.
Fort Hunter Park, in partnership with Facilitron, offers an online facility rental system designed to:
- Make the reservation process easier including online payment
- Access photos and facility descriptions
- See facility availability in real-time
- Provide a positive user experience for all
Although the process of requesting/approval/management of facility use is now digital, what’s implemented on Facilitron, remains the same as dictated by Dauphin County Parks & Recreation’s policies on facility use. Fort Hunter administrative staff makes final decisions on all facility use requests.
The only way to check a date or to request use of a facility is by creating a Facilitron account and submitting a request online. Please click HERE for an introduction to placing a request. If you need any assistance setting up an account and/or in submitting a facility use request, you can contact Facilitron directly at: email@example.com, or by calling them at: 800-272-2962 ext 1.
Payment options include major credit cards, checks, ACH/eCheck, and Paypal. Cash payments are not accepted.
Previewing the Facilities
After using the Facilitron System above to know if the date and facility you are interested in reserving is available, appointments to preview the facilities may be made during regular business hours – Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. May through December, weekend previews are available. Please call 599-5188, ext. 2114 to set up an appointment to preview the facilities.