Please adhere to the following policies and rules to ensure that you and your guests have a memorable and safe experience at Fort Hunter Mansion and Park.
Barn and Wedding
- Alcoholic or intoxicating substances of any kind are strictly forbidden. The use of any such substances will result in immediate expulsion and forfeiture of any and all fees. Future applications for park use by individual(s) using such substances or groups associated with individuals (s) will not be considered.
- Facilities are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment of fees and a contract signed by both the rental party and park staff constitutes reservation of facilities.
- Centennial Barn hours are 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the buildings.
- Abusive, loud or offensive music that disturbs the public is prohibited.
- Food preparation and clean-up must take place in the Centennial Barn kitchen only
- Contents in kitchen are not available for use by lessee, only the stove, refrigerator and sink may be used.
- Deposit will be returned within 2 weeks after function, following inspection by lessor. It will not be returned if furniture is not left as it is found, rooms not rented were used, property is damaged, food and/or caters equipment is left, or other situations deemed inappropriate by the Park Manager.
- Affixing of decorations, posters or other objects to walls is prohibited. Fort Hunter pictures may not be removed from the walls.
- Cancellations made less than one (1) week (barn) or one (1) month (wedding) before function are not eligible for refund.
- Lessee assumes full responsibility for any damage caused by guests. Restitution will be made to the Board of Trustees for Fort Hunter.
- Rental of these facilities is available for private functions only. The collection of fees or the sale of tickets, tangible goods or services on the Fort Hunter property is prohibited.
- The lessee is reminded that this is a publicly- owned facility located in a publicly owned park. The lessee is only renting certain areas of the park. Other facilities such as parking must be shared with others.
- It must be understood that this facility is a center for the community, operated as a public service. Cooperation by lessees in the running of the facility is required.
- Parking in front of the Centennial Barn is prohibited. Lessees may park only in the Parking Lots; parking on the street is prohibited. The gravel driveway may be used for unloading, parking there is prohibited.
- The Board of Trustees and its agents reserves the right to reject any request for rental of the Fort Hunter facilities.
To apply for a reservation, just click on the link to download or print the application form. Then follow the directions included with the form. Please call the Park Office at (717) 599-5188, Ext. 2116 during regular business hours or email at email@example.com for more information.
- Dauphin County Department of Parks and Recreation reserves the right to reject a facility reservation at any time if it believes the event or activity will unreasonably interfere with other existing or planned activities, including the normal conduct and use of County parks and recreational facilities.
- Alcoholic or intoxicating substances of any kind are prohibited. The use of such substances will result in immediate expulsion and forfeiture of any and all fees. Future applications for park use by individual(s) using such substances or groups associated with individual(s) will not be considered.
- The collection of fees or the sale of tickets, tangible goods or services on the Dauphin County Parks and Recreation property is strictly forbidden.
- Pets are prohibited in the park during special events. Feeding of geese is also prohibited.
- The potential lessee is reminded that this is a publicly-owned facility located in a public park. The lessee is reserving only the pavilion itself and cannot rent the park.
- Amplified music is not permitted.
- Picnic tables must not be moved.
- Any temporary additions to the park such as tents, pony rides, concession stands, etc. are not permitted due to damage incurred to the park.
- Reservations not claimed within one hour of reservation time will be forfeited and the pavilion reopened for public use.
- Cooking may only take place in grills and fireplaces provided in the Park.
- Pavilion/field and surrounding area must be left in clean and orderly condition and trash and litter must be placed in appropriate containers. Failure to do so will result in monetary penalty (withholding deposit) and loss of future reservation privileges
- Use of fields may be subject to special conditions.
- Vehicular parking is permitted only in established parking lots. Parking is not permitted on the grass or in the pavilion areas.
- Cancellations made less than (2) weeks before rental are not eligible for refund of rental fee. The security deposit will be returned. Refunds are not made for inclement weather. An administrative fee of $5 will be charged on all cancellations. Any returned checks will result in a $20 fee.
- Please bring your copy of your approved pavilion application with you on the date of your rental and be prepared to exhibit it to Park Security if requested.