May 7 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
As spring comes into bloom, Garden Faire kicks off the Fort Hunter season. Explore the craft show, purchase some plants, have a scrumptious lunch and learn a Victorian dance.
New this year – a seed swap! Bring store-bought seeds or homegrown seeds marked with plant name, if it is a hybrid and date.
Participate in a Maypole dance and a croquet demonstration, view Ikebana and Bonsai exhibits, as well as The Paxtang Art Association’s show and sale. Farm Show milkshakes are back by poplar demand!
Fort Hunter Mansion will be open for abbreviated tours at a discount price of $5, reservations are required. Click here for Mansion tour tickets.
Interested in being a Craft Vendor? Click here for an application.
Title Sponsor Dig My Earth LLC
Schedule of Events
Throughout the Day
- Bees and Rain Gardens
- Café lunches
- Children’s activities
- Craft vendors
- Food Stand
- Friends Plant Sale
- Ikebana International and Bonsai exhibits
- Jumbo Lawn Chess & Checkers
- Mansion tours, $5 – register here
- Paxtang Art Show and Sale
- Seed Swap
Scheduled Program Times
- Historic Fencing Demonstration 12:15 & 2:00 pm
- Victorian Dance Ensemble & Susquehanna Travellers 12:30 pm & 1:30 pm
- Cake Walk 12:30 pm
- Garden chats 12:00- 2:00 pm
- Cemetery Walk with Dr. Donald Koones 1:00 pm
- Maypole Dance 1:00 & 2:15 pm
- Croquet Demonstration 2:30 pm