Are you seeking a unique place for your upcoming wedding ceremony? Fort Hunter offers several options for a fabulous setting for a one-of-kind, memorable wedding. The West Lawn, Heckton Church and the Centennial Barn at Fort Hunter Park can be rented for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Rental of the Mansion is prohibited due to its historic and delicate nature.
Used for ceremonies only, the West Lawn is the secluded area located beside the Mansion, overlooking the scenic Susquehanna River. The West Lawn is the perfect outdoor setting for your wedding ceremony. You and your guests will enjoy the private view of the river during your special day. The West Lawn is available from 8 a.m. until dusk.
In the event of inclement weather the Centennial Barn or Heckton Church may be used at no additional fee. West Lawn capacity is determined by accommodations for inclement weather. The Centennial Barn seats 150 and Heckton Church seats 75. If the guest list is over 150 persons, other arrangements must be made for inclement weather. It is the responsibility of the lessee to specify to Fort Hunter which facility should be reserved. This facility may only be used if the weather is inclement, not in addition to the use of the West Lawn.
Ninety white wooden folding chairs are available for use on the lawn. Set-up and tear down is the responsibility of the renter.
A drop off area for attendants, supplies, etc. is located on Front Street; no vehicles are permitted in the Mansion driveway.
Miscellaneous*Restrooms are located in the park. *An outlet at the rear of the Mansion is available for use by the lessee. *Artificial flowers/petals that are scattered must be removed or security deposit will be forfeited. *Alcohol and amplified music are not permitted in the Park. *Facilities for changing clothes are not available. * Tents are not permitted. * You are renting the West Lawn only, other areas around the Mansion may be in use by Park programing, such as the Archaeological Excavation in the fall
- Wedding: $475
- Reception: Not Available
This quaint rustic church can be rented for ceremonies only in April through November, 8am to dusk. Except for portable flower arrangements or ribbons, decorations are prohibited.
Seven rows of attached wooden pews.
- Wedding: $475
- Reception: Not Available
The Centennial Barn
The Centennial Barn offers historic charm with all the conveniences of a modern conference center. Two rooms located on the first floor of Centennial Barn can be rented for ceremonies and receptions, and feature modern kitchen facilities and public restrooms.
The rooms may be rented between the hours of 8 a.m. and 11 p.m., have electricity,and are heated and air-conditioned. Alcohol, and amplified music are not permitted in the Park. When planning your seating arrangements, please note that the seating allowances listed below do not include a dance floor, head tables or buffet tables, etc. These numbers reflect seating capacity only.
Program Room 1 31’x42′ Carpeted Seats: 150 auditorium style, 60 – 80 at tables
Program Room 2 18’x37′ Ceramic Tile Seats: 60 auditorium style, 30 – 40 at tables
Tables and chairs are available to renters. All set-up and tear down is the responsibility of renter. If any furniture is removed from its room, it must be returned following the rental or the security deposit will be forfeited. Furniture may not be taken outside the barn.
- 150 black plastic folding
- Eight, 8 foot x 30 inch (each table seats eight-ten)
- Eight, 6 foot x 30 inch (each table seats six)
- Eight, 6 foot diameter round (each table seats eight)
Program Room 1
- Wedding: $475
- Reception: $700
Program Room 2
- Wedding: $475
- Reception: $600
- Alcoholic, intoxicating or any illegal substances of any kind are prohibited. The use of such substances will result in immediate expulsion and forfeiture of any and all fees. Future applications for park used by individuals using such substances or groups associated with such individuals will not be considered.
- Rental of this facility is for private functions only. The collection of fees or the sale of tickets, tangible goods or services on Dauphin County Parks and Recreation property is strictly forbidden.
- This is a publicly owned facility located in a public park. The renter is reserving only the space itself and is required to share common spaces with other park users.
- Amplified music is not permitted except during a ceremony.
- No temporary additions to the park such as tents or gas grills are permitted.
- Food preparation must only take place in the kitchen of the barn. Contents of kitchen are unavailable for public use. The refrigerator, stove and sink may be used.
- Affixing decorations or other objects to walls is prohibited. Fort Hunter pictures may not be removed from the walls.
- Vehicular parking is permitted only in the established parking lots. Parking is not permitted on the grass. Gravel driveway in the Centennial Barn parking lot is for unloading only.
- Wedding and Reception cancellations made more than six (6) months before rental date are eligible for a full refund of rental fee and security deposit. Cancellations made less than six (6) months before rental date will receive full rental refund, less the $100 security deposit. Fort Hunter Barn (non-wedding) cancellations made less than three (3) months before rental date will forfeit rental fee and security deposit. Refunds are not made for inclement weather.
- The Board of Trustees reserves the right to reject any request for Fort Hunter facilities.
- Smoking is prohibited inside of buildings.
- Please bring your copy of your approved facility rental confirmation with you on the date of your rental and be prepared to exhibit it to Park Security if requested.
- All facilities are rented in “as is” condition. The potential renter has inspected the facilities and relies on his/her or its own inspection and no representation of the Dauphin County Parks and Recreation Department or any other person or entity.
- Renters are not allowed to use or possess any dangerous or explosive substances or items in the rented facility or the park or recreation area.
- Renters are responsible for their conduct and the conduct of their guests or invitees and are responsible for any damage they cause or caused by any of their guests or invitees.
- Renters and their guests or invitees must comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, rules and regulations.
Fort Hunter Park, in partnership with Facilitron, offers an online facility rental system designed to:
- Make the reservation process easier including online payment
- Access photos and facility descriptions
- See facility availability in real-time
- Provide a positive user experience for all
Although the process of requesting/approval/management of facility use is now digital, what’s implemented on Facilitron, remains the same as dictated by Dauphin County Parks & Recreation’s policies on facility use. Fort Hunter administrative staff makes final decisions on all facility use requests.
The only way to check a date or to request use of a facility is by creating a Facilitron account and submitting a request online. Please click HERE for an introduction to placing a request. If you need any assistance setting up an account and/or in submitting a facility use request, you can contact Facilitron directly at: email@example.com, or by calling them at: 800-272-2962 ext 1.
Payment options include major credit cards, checks, ACH/eCheck, and Paypal. Cash payments are not accepted.
Previewing the Facilities
After using the Facilitron System above to know if the date and facility you are interested in reserving is available, appointments to preview the facilities may be made during regular business hours – Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. May through December, weekend previews are also available. Please call 599-5188, ext. 2114 to set up an appointment to preview the facilities.
Questions? Call 717-599-5188, ext. 2114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org